The Incurve-R is a new SCBA with a unique harness developed together with firefighters - with every little detail in mind. With a minimum of textile parts the Incurve harness is easy to clean, robust and light weight - without compromising comfort. The shoulder straps and hip belt is made non-textile to prevent contamination and designed to be body shaped for excellent ergonomics.
The harness can easily be adjusted for different body sizes in four different size settings (“S”, “M”, “L”, “XL”). The selected size is clearly visible from both the front and the back. Thanks to the practical design the size adjustment can be made with the cylinder mounted and without removing the apparatus from the fire truck.
The apparatus has control unit with pressure gauge, reserve air warning and extra air connection on the chest. The reserve air warning is a very distinct warning which requires user acknowledgement. It cannot be missed in noisy environments or be mistaken for someone else’s warning. Since the warning is silent it will not interfere with radio communication during critical stages or when giving reports to relieving team.
The plug-in type regulator is durable and has proven functionality with high flow capacity maintaining the safety pressure also at an extreme rate of breathing and low cylinder pressures. The plug-in type design makes service and repairs easy to perform with short down time.
- Hip belt and shoulder straps move independently for maximum mobility
- Large rescue handle - easy to grab to drag out fire fighter in an emergency
- Open back plate for good ventilation and low weight
- Multiple attachment points for accessories
- Quick attachment of cylinder pack
The Incurve-R SCBA can be combined with different face mask and breathing valve models which are presented under “Firefighting/Face Mask”.
The SCBA variants exclude face mask, breathing valve and cylinder.
Variants are available having a quick coupling with integrated flow restrictor between regulator and cylinder.
Available variants include backplate integrated rescue hose to connect two apparatuses together during an emergency and quick coupling on the breathing hose
An optional holder to park the breathing valve when not attached to the face mask is available for some breathing valve models and listed under ”Accessories” below.
This version of Incurve-R is used together with a cylinder pack, further presented under "Firefighting/Cylinder". The cylinder pack version gives the following advantages compared to a single cylinder version:
- Lower profile makes it possible to enter narrow passages
- Better seating position in fire truck
- Center of gravity closer to the body
- Possible to move more freely, for example lying on your back when spraying water at the roof
- Easier to drag out a fire fighter in an emergency
- Easier handling between missions since it cannot roll and is easy to place upright
- Cylinder valve protected by carrying handle