The S9 is the ninth generation NIOSH and NFPA approved SCBA from Interspiro. It combines the latest electronic developments, a robust and ergonomic harness concept with the proven performance of the Spiromatic-S series 1st stage regulator, 2nd stage breathing valve and the S9 face mask.
The digital display can be configured to show one or more of these screens:
1. Cylinder pressure symbol
2. Cylinder pressure in psi
3. Remaining air time based on actual breathing rate
4. Absorbed temperature
Two large buttons operates the integrated PASS and the motion sensor is located in the display unit for easy re-set. The SCBA computer is protected in the backframe and controls all electronics and saves all usage data for future analysis. LED ramps give clear 360° indication of PASS status and cylinder air pressure.
The wireless Heads-up display (HUD) continuously provides hands-free indication of cylinder pressure and low air alarms. HUD indications can easily be seen by your buddies thanks to the Buddy Light feature. It is well protected inside the face mask and can easily be attached and removed without tools.
A robust and ergonomic harness design maximizes comfort, mobility and strength. The unique double pivot feature allows the shoulder straps and waist belt to move independently, ensuring optimal weight distribution during all firefighting operations.
The integrated second stage in the face mask provides wide field of vision, better sealing due to optimal weight distribution, clear speech quality and remains securely connected and well protected at all times.
- Mechanical warning whistle and analog pressure gauge
- Cylinder docking device protects cylinder valve
- A unique rubber protection runs over the shoulders protects against burning material
- Fit is easily adjusted from inside of harness for different body sizes
- Ergonomic shoulder straps distribute weight away from the neck muscles
- Robust rescue and carry handle
- HUD gives cylinder pressure and PASS status through colored LED lights
The unit is available as High Pressure (HP) 4500 psi version or Low Pressure (LP) 2216 psi version. Available options include EEBS system, telemetry connection and tracking unit.
The S9 SCBA is combined with the S-USA face mask and breathing valve presented under “Firefighting” & “Face Masks”, follow the below links for more information:
The SCBA variants exclude face mask, breathing valve and cylinder.